The mission of The Grove Museum is to preserve and interpret the Call-Collins House, its
surrounding acreage, and its historical collections, in order to engage the
public in dialogue about civil rights and American history.
Built by enslaved craftspeople, the ca. 1840 Call-Collins House at The Grove is one of the best preserved antebellum residences in Florida. The property was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972. The house and 10.5-acre grounds underwent an award-winning rehabilitation under the leadership of the Florida Department of State starting in 2010 and opened to the public in 2017 as The Grove Museum.