Fishing reigns supreme in the Tallahassee area for both in-shore and off-shore expeditions. Charter a fishing boat or dive for scallops - local Charters and Guides are available for full and half-day trips. Fishing tournaments are held throughout the year so be sure to check local events. Grab your sunscreen, lots of water and your gear. Happy fishing!
Two of the best fishing lakes in Florida are here - Lake Talquin and Lake Jackson – renowned for speckled perch (aka - crappie), largemouth bass and striped bass, bream and catfish, along with 18 other spectacular lakes and five rivers.
Kayaking fishing is a growing activity in the area for more information check out the Forgotten Coast Kayakers Association at www.FCKA.net
For saltwater adventure, fishing in the Apalachee Bay or Gulf of Mexico offers grouper, snapper, cobia, redfish, Spanish mackerel and speckled trout.
Local Charters and Guides
**Florida Fishing Guides Association (FGA) Members
- Capt. Jody Campbell**, 850-926-1173; email@example.com
- Capt. Wesley Hagler**, 850-294-8574; www.wakullaecotrips.com
- Barefoot Charters, Capt. Vic Davis, 850-926-1730; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oaks Charters, Capt. Christopher Oaks, 850-508-7272; email@example.com
- Fish Finders Charters, Capt. Jay Wadsworth, 850-421-6488; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sportfishing Guide Service, Capt. Dave Lear, 850-320-2001; www.captdavelear.com
Fishing Sites and forecasts for our Northwest Florida Region
Florida Fishing License online
For the latest regulations for area freshwater and salt water fishing, limits, fishing: