San Marcos de Apalache Historic State Park

Address:
148 Old Fort Rd., St. Marks, FL 32355
(850) 925-6216 View in Google Maps
Description:

Spanish explorer Panfilo de Narvaez arrived in the area with 300 men in 1528 and two Spanish colonial forts were built here from the late 1600s to 1718. Andrew Jackson occupied the fort briefly in the early 1800s. The museum explains the history of this national landmark and displays contain Native American pottery and tools unearthed near the original fort.