Once Tallahassee’s northern boundary and an area cleared to protect the city from Indian attacks, it is now the oldest continuous green space and site of numerous special events throughout the year. The chain of seven parks encompasses historic homes and a historic cemetery. Designated a U.S. Historic District, the district’s oldest home is The Columns, built by William Williams in 1830. Downtown, running east and west between Call Street and College Avenue.