Following our mission of expanding tourism's success and its economic impact in Leon County, we emphasize the practice of involving industry partners in all promotional activities.
Marketing Communications Director
Direct: (850) 606-2322
The Leon County Division of Tourism (Visit Tallahassee) is the official tourism marketing organization for Tallahassee and Leon County Florida, and operates as a department of Leon County Government. It promotes tourism to the area through direct sales, advertising, public relations, sports, film, product development and visitor services.
The Leon County Tourist Development Council (TDC) is one of Leon County’s Citizen Committees that serves in an advisory role to the County Commission. The TDC develops plans for tourist development, makes recommendations for operation of special projects or for uses of tax revenue and reviews expenditures of revenue from the development trust fund.
Tourist Development Council Members
Amanda Stringer, Executive Director
Bo Schmitz, G.M.
Commissioner Bryan Desloge
Commissioner Nancy Miller
Commissioner Scott Maddox
Matt Thompson, Owner
Satish Patel, G.M.
Sharon Priester, G.M.
Dr. Audra Pittman
Michael Collins, Assistant Director
Leon County Tourist Development Council
Phone: (850) 606-2300
Fax: (850) 606-2304
Kerri L. Post, Executive Director-Tourism Development
Visit Tallahassee Mission Statement
To enhance the region's economic growth and quality of life by collaboratively inspiring the vitality of Tallahassee's Visitor Economy.
Visit Tallahassee Vision Statement
The Tallahassee Region will be recognized and appreciated as one of the most diverse and vibrant destinations in the Southeast.
Staff Listing: Main Phone: (850) 606-2305; (800) 628-2866 | FAX: (850) 606-2301
Kerri L. Post
Marketing & Sales
Senior Marketing Director
Marketing Communications Director
Meetings & Conventions Sales Director
Director of Leisure Travel
PR & Marketing Specialist
Director of Sports
Assistant Director of Sports
Visitor Services Director
FY 2018-2019 Co-op Plan
Leverage Visit Tallahassee’s annual advertising buy and bring more customers to your hotel, restaurant, event or attraction this year through our new cooperative program opportunities. These opportunities provide very affordable, cost effective means of reaching consumers in key markets. To best support our partners, please review the programs outlined below and complete the form at the bottom to share what you are interested in and we will contact you directly to discuss a customized plan.
Family and Parenting Magazine Package: March 2019 Issues
Starting at $135 per ad (3 available slots in each publication)
Targeting 12 family and parenting magazines in key drive markets (Orlando, Atlanta, Tampa, Miami, Jacksonville, Pensacola, Birmingham and Tuscaloosa), print and digital advertisements will be placed in publications and around online editorial featuring leisure travel, family and outdoors.
- Birmingham Parent (28,000 circulation)
- Kids Life Tuscaloosa (30,000 circulation)
- Broward Family Life Ft. Lauderdale (38,730 circulation)
- Miami/Ft Lauderdale Family (100,000 circulation)
- Miami Dade Family Life (25,000 circulation)
- On The Coast Destin (30,000 circulation)
- Tampa Bay Parenting (30,000 circulation)
- Treasure Coast Parenting Port St. Lucie (20,000 circulation)
- Atlanta Parent (99,650 circulation)
- First Coast Parent Jacksonville (40,000 circulation)
- Orlando Family Magazine June Issue (27,000 circulation)
Flamingo Magazine: June and September 2019 Issues
$162 per ad (3 available slots in each issue)
Total circulation: 20,000
A sophisticated, quarterly feature magazine covering travel, outdoor pursuits, food and culture across Florida, this magazine offers both digital media and print opportunities.
AJC.com and Print: May and September 2019 Issues
$730 per ad (6 available slots)
Total circulation: 360,000
As part of the Atlanta Journal Constitution travel guide and Go Florida sponsored content package, reach potential visitors in Atlanta through engaging digital media and newsprint.
Unconquered Magazine: May 2019 Issue
$100 per ad (3 available slots in each issue)
Total circulation: 20,000
Reach FSU athletic boosters with the Unconquered Magazine, issued 4 times throughout the year. This offer includes 2 opportunities as part of the Visit Tallahassee advertisement, focused on seasonal occasions and signature events.
Generate awareness on multiple platforms through in-kind participation by providing a gift voucher, weekend hotel stay, attraction tickets, etc. and receive:
- Website Exposure (minimum 45,000 impressions)
- Email Marketing (minimum 250,000 impressions)
- Social ads and organic posts across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (minimum 555,000 impressions)
Upcoming promotions include:
- Culinary Delights
Focusing on alfresco dining, the spring season and signature events
- Summer Slowdown
Focusing on family-friendly activities
- Outdoor Adventurer
Focusing on outdoor activities
Atlanta and Tampa In-Market Promotions:
Engage potential visitors in two key Southeast markets with on-site, consumer promotions at major events. By providing gift vouchers, weekend hotel stays, attractions tickets or advertising collateral, partners receive the below exposure:
- Tampa serves as a key market and this promotion focuses on craft beer, dining, spring events and outdoor recreation. Partners receive exclusive exposure in multiple giveaways and promotional collateral at the Florida Guild Craft Beer Festival in March 2019 (1,500+ attendance).
- Atlanta serves as a key market targeting families with kid-friendly messaging. Partners will be featured as an exclusive partner in multiple giveaways and promotional collateral at the 83rd Annual Dogwood Festival on April 14-19, 2019 (200,000+ attendance).
- Both events also provide an opportunity for partners to join Visit Tallahassee at either the Florida Guild Craft Beer Festival in Tampa during March or the Dogwood Festival in Atlanta on April 14-19, 2019. In-market opportunities for example include a presence within the Visit Tallahassee booth (either physically or through sending collateral materials), media receptions or media interviews.
Drive awareness and interest to your business among more than 60,000 Visit Tallahassee Facebook followers. Tell your story through captivating social advertisements. With Facebook’s video-first consumer focus and over 50% growth in video viewing, promoted video ads create an opportunity for you to connect with visitors in a more authentic, immersive way.
Facebook Opportunities Include:
- Sponsored Facebook Event: $100 (includes event page on Facebook and sponsored content)
- Sponsored Post: $100 (includes sponsored content on Visit Tallahassee's Facebook page)
- Sponsored Interactive Facebook Canvas: $500
- Sponsored Video Content: $500 (Option to provide video or have a :15 to :30 social video produced by The Zimmerman Agency)
Please complete the submission form below to share the packages you are interested in and we will contact you directly to discuss a customized plan.
2018-19 grant applications for SIGNATURE, SPECIAL & SPORTS EVENTS are being accepted through Friday, July 13, 2018.
Organizations hosting events that bring overnight visitors to the community from Oct. 1, 2018 – Sept. 30, 2019 are eligible to apply. Learn more about the Leon County Division of Tourism (Visit Tallahassee) grant programs, the online application process and marketing resources available at one of the following GRANTS WORKSHOPS: May 22, June 12 and July 10. All workshops will be held at 3 p.m. at the Downtown Public Library (200 W. Park Avenue).
- Sports Grant Policies (pdf)
- Special Event Grant Policies (pdf)
- Signature Event Policies (pdf)
- Sample Application (pdf)
- Visitor Tracking Form (pdf)
- Visitor Tracking Survey (pdf)
- Event Marketing/Promotional Tool Kit (pdf)
- Grant checklist (pdf)
- Logos for Grant Applicants
For additional assistance or questions regarding grants, contact Terri Messler, Terri.Messler@VisitTallahassee.com or 850-606-2331.
The Leon County Division of Tourism (Visit Tallahassee) annually funds groups and organizations that coordinate events with a history of or significant potential for attracting visitors to the area who stay overnight in commercial lodging.
The Special Event Grant Program is administered by the Leon County Tourist Development Council and designated advisory groups including the Special Event Grant Committee and the Tallahassee Sports Council.
A “special event” is defined as a new or existing, organized sporting event, concert, exhibition, festival, fair, conference or celebration conducted according to a pre-arranged schedule and of interest to the general public. Public interest should extend to both Leon County residents and those living outside the county.
- 2018-19 Leisure Plan
- 2018-19 Marketing Communications Plan
- 2018-19 Meetings & Conventions Sales Plan
- 2018-19 Visitor Services Sales Plan
- 2018-19 Sports Plan
- 2011 Annual Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2017 Annual Report
Visit Tallahassee Staff
Main Phone: (850)606-2305; (800) 628-2866
FAX: (850) 606-2301
Kerri L. Post
Marketing & Sales