Southern Shakespeare Festival makes all the park a stage May 12 – 14, featuring live performances in Cascades Park of As You Like It.
- A reprise of Theater With A Mission’s Loco for Love: Cervantes vs. Shakespeare in the Mystery of Cardenio” (hint: it involves wrestling!).
- Sonnet Man (Devon Glover) returns, delivering Shakespearean sonnets to a hip-hop beat. Devon has been internationally recognized for his unique style of making the Bard relevant.
- Junior company, The Bardlings, performance of “ShakespeaRE-TOLD”, a collection of Shakespeare scenes done in iambic pentameter and then performed with the middle and high school students putting the scene into their own “modern-day” words.
- Performances by afterschool programs at Walker Ford and Thomasville Center for the Arts
- The Society for Creative Anachronism displaying how swordplay can be safe and fun (and competitive).
- An encore performance of the touring show, Zombie Shakespeare.
- Something wickedly funny from the crazies at Mickee Faust.
- A Children’s Area including face painting, games and activities, and WFSU's Peg + Cat to interact with children at the Festival.
- Lois Burdette, author of the “Shakespeare Can Be Fun” series of children’s books, presenting and signing books.
- SHAKESBEER: A brew developed by GrassLands Brewing Co. specifically for the Festival.
For more information, go to http://southernshakespearefestival.org/.