The abundance of lakes, rivers and the nearby gulf coast provide fishermen plenty of options in the Tallahassee area. Charter a fishing boat, dive for scallops or spend a day pursuing bass against a scenic backdrop. Check local events for one of the many tournaments held in the area.
Two of Florida’s most popular and productive lakes include Lake Talquin and Lake Jackson, both noted for speckled perch (aka - crappie), largemouth bass and striped bass, bream and catfish. The area also features 18 other spectacular lakes and five rivers.
For saltwater adventure, fishing in the Apalachee Bay or Gulf of Mexico offers grouper, snapper, cobia, redfish, Spanish mackerel and speckled trout.
Local Charters and Guides
**Florida Fishing Guides Association (FGA) Members
- Capt. Jody Campbell**, 850-926-1173; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Capt. Wesley Hagler**, 850-294-8574; www.wakullaecotrips.com
- Barefoot Charters, Capt. Vic Davis, 850-926-1730; email@example.com
- Oaks Charters, Capt. Christopher Oaks, 850-508-7272; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fish Finders Charters, Capt. Jay Wadsworth, 850-421-6488; email@example.com
Florida Fishing License online
For the latest regulations for area freshwater and salt water fishing, limits, fishing: www.myfwc.com/Fishing/